Part 2: Identify a Proposed Systems Solution
In Part 1, we learned how to how to identify a frustration from a systems perspective. In Part 2, we want to create a proposed systems solution.
Create a Proposed System Solution:
Step 1: How does the frustration impact your practice?
- Be specific, not general:
- Who is impacted?
- How does this impact your business, team members and patients?
- Quantify the impact of this frustration.
Step 2: Identify a Proposed Systems Solution
- Systems/Project Name and Leader/team members involved.
- Projected System creation Start and End Date.
- Desired Results.
- Support and approval from key stakeholders/team members.
Step 3: Solicit Feedback from all Stakeholders
- Stakeholder: a person who is actively impacted or involved in the creation of the system/project. They contribute to the success or failure of the project.
- Share proposed “Proposed system solution.”
- Interview key stakeholders utilizing “The Question Cone.”
- Adjust proposed systems solution based on “The Question Cone.”
Next week: Part 3: We will look at Completing and Implementing your New System.
Grateful to be on this journey with you,
Dr. Matthew Harkness