You cannot grow your practice on your own:
- You cannot create a vision for the future on your own.
- You cannot manage your cash flow effectively on your own.
- You cannot market your services and practices on your own.
- You cannot stay focused or set objective priorities on your own.
You may be able to do it all by yourself for a season, or a shorter period of time, but you will not be able to sustain progress and transformational growth without the help of others!! I have tried it. And I’m here to tell you: It does not work!
Everything I do to move myself and my practice forward, someone else helps me. Even this blog you are reading – my content marketer, Tammy Zink, edits this post, chooses the art, maintains the yourmedicalpracticementor.com website. I meet with her every Friday at 10 am to help me stay on track, keep accountable and set priorities, so I may more effectively share my journey and create a community with people just like you! Without her, I could not do this!!!
The way to grow is through humility, and seeking and accepting help from others. I do nothing, create nothing, envision nothing, grow nothing, and buy nothing by myself!!! There is absolutely NOTHING that I do on my own.
Here is a snapshot of my weekly schedule and how everything I do, I have someone else helping me:
- My faith and church community: Sundays at 10:30 am keeps me humble and refocuses my priorities every week.
- Melissa, my wife, and CEO of my home: Thursdays at 11:30 am lunch date to keep our social calendar accurate and home and children on course.
- Zaida Marrero, Business Manger: Fridays at 8:30 am to help me plan my annual and quarterly goals, and keeps me accountable for my daily big 3 goals.
- Michael Hyatt Coaching Program: Mondays at 10 am keeps me mentally inspired and creates clarity on how to lead my company.
- Sylvia Reca, Accounting Manager: Fridays at 11 am to discuss cash flow management and profitability.
- Faye Harrison, Marketing Rep for Allied: Tuesdays at 10 am to discuss upcoming luncheon and presentation opportunities and community lectures.
- Tammy Zink, Content Marketer: Fridays at 10 am to discuss content creation, artwork, and maintenance of all e-mail lists and websites.
- Master Mind Group: Third Monday of each month keeps me accountable, reveals my mental and strategic blindspots, and opens my eyes to what the future could be.
- David Harkness: My father I meet every Thursday at 7:45 am. He listens and affirms me, and encourages me on my journey.
I also have another set of professions that help me, including accountant, real estate attorney, real estate broker, spiritual director, and banker that I call upon several times each month.
“Until I let go physically, mentally and spiritually, and surrendered to the help of others, I could not make quantum leaps in the growth and progress of my life, my family, my business”
~ Matt Harkness
Grateful to be on this journey with you,
Dr. Matthew Harkness