Merry Christmas to all of you!! This Christmas, I am more appreciative than ever for the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ. We all could have never imagined the events that have taken place in 2020 a year ago at this time. I can honestly say that I am actually grateful for the events of 2020: I have experienced more transformational growth in my life, body, mind and spirit.
This year has led to incredible transformation in my leadership because I had no choice but to surrender and let go. When I am more connected to Christ, I am more connected to my true self, my wife, my family, my team and my clients. As I let go, I placed my trust into God’s economy of abundance.
In previous years as a leader, when I trusted in myself and pushed God away, I led with a mindset of scarcity – I retracted, and focused on problems and obstacles manufactured in my mind. My ability to be visionary, to imagine, to stretch, to embrace liberating truths and take unimaginable steps to a brighter prosperous future was impossible.
I now understand that to reach my true potential in transforming the lives of my community, I need to let go, and put my faith in Christ. I understand that God is calling on me to expand and stretch my thinking, to do something that seems impossible to me, but is possible with God.
Everything starts in our minds. Be honest with yourself – which of the following do you assume to be impossible?
- Leading with confidence, clarity and excitement.
- Transformation of your team members to be aligned with you and to contribute enthusiastically to the success and growth of your practice.
- To be debt-free and possess a three-month financial reserve.
- To have your practice serve you and enable you to live out your calling
- To have flexibility and intimacy with your spouse and family.
- To have a clear succession plan that will allow you to retire, while preserving the legacy of your practice.
Allow yourself to explore the impossible!!! Suspend disbelief. Step into God’s economy. With His help, you have the power and the support to have the greatest year of your practice in 2021!!
Grateful to be on this journey with you,
Dr. Matthew Harkness